I know it seems I have forgotten about the blog, considering I haven't updated it for quite a while. Probably a year. I had some cute videos that I tried uploading a while ago of Chloe, but apparently, after a lot of research and trying to figure out why they wouldn't work, they are too big. I don't have very many recent pictures uploaded from my camera so you don't get to see much from me right now... I just wanted you to know we still exist!
Here's a little update on our lives....
Paul, Chloe, and I are living here in Las Vegas on Nellis Air Force Base. We first moved into an old brick house that had no insulation, making it so we could hear everything/everyone and I'm sure we would have felt like we were baking in an oven most of the summer if we didn't have the air almost constantly running. (Thankfully we don't pay the electric bill, it comes with our housing bonus). It had no carpet (sad for Chloe when she was learning how to crawl) and was infested with cockroaches, lizards, and all sorts of nasty insects. Even though this house had a lot of good memories in it (Chloe learned to roll, sit up, and crawl here) I was thrilled to move into our new place. We lived in the brick house from the beginning of May until the beginning of September. Then we were lucky to move into a brand new, 2 story, 1 car garage, 3 bedroom, 2 and 1/2 bath, double walk in closet (which I love) house that had carpet! (You have no idea how excited I was about that). I feel lucky everyday that I have this wonderful house to live in. The one bad part about it though is we live right on the edge of the base so over the fence in our backyard is Craig Road, which is a major road in Vegas. Unfortunately, it's really loud with all the traffic and it doesn't help that there is a stop light diagonal from our house. Every motorcyclist that is waiting at the red light must have a dying urge to rev their bikes. It drives me nuts. Thankfully Chloe is used to the noise and she sleeps fine (with the help of a fan to block some of the noise of course).
Paul works in the communication squadron on base and gets to work with computers and web pages. He was really lucky to get the job that he got. I'm just thankful he has an office job and isn't practicing out in some shooting range getting ready for deployment.
Chloe is now 16 months old and is a really spunky, sassy, stubborn, spoiled, silly girl (any more "S" words I can describe for her? haha). She sure keeps me busy all the time. I love my little Chloe Bear.
Back in August, I moved back to Cedar so I could finish my schooling. I decided to do it in Cedar so that I could have family babysit Chloe while I was at school all day. All I had left was my student teaching. I had the privilege to student teach at North Elementary in first and third grade. There were good days and bad days and even though it was really hard being away from Chloe and Paul, I loved it. It it such a relief to be done with school and graduating this May. I'm glad I had family and friends help motivate me to finish, even though it was a very hard decision for me.
Well there you have it, a quick (sort of) update on our lives. One day I will *hopefully* get pictures up soon. And maybe update it again before March of 2012....... :)
I love that you blogged! It's about time. haha You should probably make this regular so I know what is happening in your life besides our little text convos. I miss you guys. I'm happy you are loving vegas and everything.
ReplyDelete1 year tot he day exactly! Man you are good. I need some pics of Chloe Bear so you better update it soon. You want me to upload that cute video of Chloe saying Lilly for you?
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm good. One year to the day. haha. And yes you should upload it. I love the video!
ReplyDeleteAhhh.... I love the update. I totally want to come check out your new digs asap! Give miss Chloe a big ole kiss for me!!! Love you Missy pooh.
ReplyDeleteHey I didn't know you are living in cedar! Random! But cool! I loved reading your post and getting caught up with what is going on in your family :)
ReplyDeleteOh I should have probably said I moved back down to Vegas in November. lol I guess I forgot that part...
ReplyDeleteUm, I need an update. Especially since I am not on Facebook! I wanna see Ethan!
ReplyDelete